It’s that time of year again – the one day where we consume one too many pancakes in order to celebrate Shrove Tuesday. Some like theirs sweet and others prefer savoury, but why not involve your pet in the occasion and bake some dog friendly pancakes? Here’s a simple recipe to try that will mean tasty treats all round – Happy Pancake Day!
Makes around 10 to 12 small pancakes.
1 cup skimmed milk
1 & 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make:
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, butter and honey.
- Add the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix together until you have a thick pancake mixture.
- Heat a greased pan and place a small portion of batter in the centre.
- Wait a couple of minutes until small bubbles appear before flipping the pancake and cooking the other side.
- Serve and watch your dog devour!
Why not get creative and either use a metal cutter when cooking the pancakes to make some fun shapes or cut them into a design afterwards?
For those who have a dog with a sensitive stomach or suffer from allergies, milk and butter can be replaced with dairy free versions so no need for them to miss out.