SKM-C442C, PDT18-15051, PDT18-15052, SKM-C412-AU
Due to the wiring, the ScatMat is for indoor use only.
Touch the power pack. The action indicator light will blink back the number of times it has been activated (subtract one for your touch).
• Slide the switch on the power pack from OFF to LOW. The red light will blink for 4 seconds and then turn off.
• Touch the ScatMat with the side of your hand, rather than your sensitive fingertips, to test its operation.
• Once the ScatMat senses your touch, its light will illuminate and static pulses will go through the ScatMat for 3 seconds; you will feel the pulses if you leave your hand touching across 2 wires. (These are visible upon close inspection, separated by about 3 cm). The ScatMat’s light will remain off, except when the mat is activating.
The wires are about 2.5 cm apart.
YouYou can purchase an additional ScatMat to be placed within 3.7 metres of the existing ScatMat. These connect with a 3.7 metre cord (included with all extensions mats except for the ScatMat Strip. The ScatMat Strips snap together without the cord).
1. Remove the battery cover by pressing down on the arrow and sliding it forward.
2. Install a new 9V alkaline battery.
3. Lay the ScatMat down with the buttons facing up.
4. Snap the power pack to the buttons on the ScatMat. Ensure the buttons are snapped tightly by pushing down firmly.
5. You are now ready to test your ScatMat.
Testing the ScatMat
1. Slide the switch on the Power Pack from OFF to LOW. The red light (marked action indicator) will blink for 4 seconds and then turn off.
2. Touch the ScatMat with the side of your hand, rather than your sensitive fingertips, to test its operation.
3. Once the ScatMat senses your touch, its Action Indicator lights up and sends static pulses to the ScatMat for 3 seconds; you will feel the pulses if you leave your hand touching across 2 wires. (These are visible upon close inspection, separated by about 3 cm.
4. The ScatMat’s light will remain off, except when the mat is activating.
1. Confirm that the unit is working and that the batteries are fresh.
2. Increase the static pulse to the next highest level.
3. Check positioning of mat (2 paws need to make contact with the mat for maximum effectiveness)
4. It may help to leave the mat in a place for a bit longer. Eventually, even pets with well-insulated paws will contact the mat in such a way that the pet will complete the circuit and feel the static pulse.
Stop using the mat immediately. If your ScatMat is sparking, this indicates that one of the embedded wires has been broken. The sparking is caused by the electrical current attempting to complete its circuit across the broken wire. Please contact our Customer Care Centre.
If the ScatMat’s red activity indicator light is lit when there is nothing on the mat, there are three possible causes:
1. The battery is low and needs to be replaced. If the light seems dimmer than usual, this would be an indication that the battery needs to be changed.
2. There is something in the immediate area causing some electrical interference. Occasionally, the ScatMat can be affected by electronic interference from a large appliance nearby (i.e. a refrigerator). Try repositioning the ScatMat until it stops activating.
3. The battery pack is not properly connected. Turn the battery pack off, and remove it from the mat. Reattach the power pack to the mat.
If the problem persists, please contact our Customer Care Centre.
Check for and remove any conductive objects that may be on the mat.
• Turn the unit off.
• Remove the battery from the unit and leave it out for 5 seconds.
• Reinstall battery and try again.
• If the unit still has an issue, try a fresh battery.
The indicator light is not meant to count higher than six. Once it reaches six flashes, the power pack should be reset by turning it off, waiting a few seconds and turning it back on. This is intentional - while blinking, the activation count the unit is 'disarmed' and not sensing. The count limit was therefore set at a number high enough to perform the 'tattle tale' role, but not high enough to reduce the effectiveness of the ScatMat. The indicator light may flash once because you've just touched the mat.
• Dirt and dust can interfere with your mat’s ability to deliver a static pulse. Clean the mat according to directions.
• Make sure that the circuit is complete by touching across 2 of the wires.
• Try a new battery or make sure the adaptor (sold separately) is properly plugged in.
• Remove the power pack by unsnapping it from the mat. Set the pack to LOW, and make contact across both silver grommets on the back of the mat with the heel of your hand.
• If you do not feel a static pulse, the power pack is not functioning correctly and needs to be replaced. Please click here for contact information to reach our Customer Care Centre for replacement.
• If you do feel a static pulse, the power pack is functioning correctly, proceed to next step.
• Attach the power pack on the ScatMat and touch at least 2 of the embedded wires in the mat simultaneously.
• If you do not feel a static pulse, the mat is not functioning properly and it needs to be replaced. Please click here for contact information to reach our Customer Care Centre for replacement.
• If you do feel a static pulse, the connection between the power pack and the mat may have been loose. It should work properly now.
1800 786 608
Monday to Friday
08:30 - 17:00
Need help with your product?
Customer service is at the heart of everything we do. We’re committed to giving you expert advice to ensure you always receive the very best.
© 2023 Radio Systems Corporation All Rights Reserved.
You're browsing our international site. Would you like to visit our US site?